maanantai 28. marraskuuta 2016

Blackthorn - Instrumental Rehearsal 95


Blackthorn - Empire of the Ancient Time instrumental rehearsal tape 1995
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX

Rusfolder / Mediafire

Another lengthy one for today, let's return to Poland with the last of the Blackthorn releases sent to me by LKS. Thanks for the contributions! This is a 40+ minutes instrumental rehearsal tape from 1995, most likely post-"Ancient" material and lacking a tracklisting. It might be the same as the one featured on the 2010 compilation tape listen on Metal Archives as "Empire of the Ancient Time" though that one lists only seven songs. But just how many instrumental rehearsal tapes did they record and dub people in '95? Well, it's actually quite possible the answer may be "a lot" as we've certainly seen examples of that. Unless I come across a rip, or a physical copy, of the "Empire of the Ancient Time" compilation we remain uncertain.
UPDATE:
A reader verified it's the same recording, the version on the compilation is a bit cleaned up and tracks  I & II (the aborted takes) were left off it.

Alright, like a proper scholar I started to write and upload once again before taking a refresher listen to the item in question and now I must say I'm almost certain this is the "Empire..." rehearsal as tracks I & II are merely "false starts" for III and I must assume the compilation's tracklisting lumps them all together. Not going to meddle with this anymore so we go with it as it is!

The sound is quite easy on the ears even for a novice, drums get buried to a muffled rumble leaving guitar dominant. It's a slightly messy yet pleasant sort of buzz which is nice seeing this is a rather stripped down effort as fully instrumental recording. I was going to write a bit longer entry for this but a brief yet annoying episode with my inter nets browser made me want to get done with this quickly. If you like old Polish black metal, especially the other Blackthron releases, you'll want to check this out.

3 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Yeah, I have a rip of this rehearsal that must have come from that comp tape, and it's the same recording, a bit cleaned up. Aborted takes which are tracks 1-2 are missing.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@anon:

Alright, thanks for verifying my suspicion! Good to know it's completely missing those bits then.

GREV kirjoitti...

Salutem Brother Velkaarn!

...and thanks for this upload. Personally I don't care instrumental rehearsal tapes so much, but of course, I downloaded this to fill in my collection :D