keskiviikko 19. huhtikuuta 2017

Blood Chalice - Journey Through Shadowlands demo '00


Blood Chalice - Journey Through Shadowlands demo 2000
1) I Am... The Adversarial One
2) In Hunt for the Blood of Jesus (Christ Hunting)
3) Mesmerizing Zephyr, Tantalising Death
4) The Dagger and the Chalice of Blood

Mediafire / 4shared

Here's something more from the exotic side of the globe and probably one of the worst sounding demos/rips featured on the blog. Blood Chalice of Singapore, who seem to be obscure enough to not be on Metal Archives (though I trust they soon will be) with their 2000 demo which may or may not be also their only one, sent by comrade Nefarious back with other items already long ago. Thanks again for contributing! A cover scan is enclosed.

Four songs but they are quite long so the playing time is a challenging 25+ minutes. Challenge mostly due the unpleasant sound I already mentioned on the first paragraph. How bad can it be then, to irk me? Well, you see the main issue is the weird bass drum sound much of the time burying almost everything else underneath. Like suffocating someone with a pillow while they try to recite The Oath, you can make out what it's supposed to be but it's kinda hard to enjoy it. Or like poor Shouta-kun sleeping in the 8th episode of Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon ...now I'm starting to digress so far I won't be able to find my way back if I'm not careful. Let's see, it's worst in the very beginning (of course, the all-important first impression!) but gets less drastic eventually and with enough exposure I guess one would get used to it. A pity since the music isn't that bad by itself, kind of raw and old schoolish black metal. I'm not really associating it with their own slogan of cold nihilistic ultra black metal, the warm, asphyxiating mass of wobbly bass marshmallow hell contradicts coldness pretty severely. If anyone can provide me with a better rip (assuming the problem is with that) I'd be very happy to receive it, no matter the bitrate. For sound extremists, seekers of endless obscurity and the purely perverted. Feel free to enjoy if you can, I won't judge!

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Hell, thanks for this - It's far better than a certain other rare Singaporean request that you've recently received from me.

However, I have to agree with you almost unreservedly - this is an utter shambles with some ideas that may have been better suited to a more cohesive outfit - there's only so many ways to polish the proverbial turd, and this one is maybe left back in 2000 with the rest of its amateur ilk.

That being said though, this got a lot of interest going, so thank you for the post, and to your acquaintance for the rip.

Velkaarn kirjoitti...

@EC:

Thanks for stopping by to comment, actually the thing you sent isn't as bad as you suggest though this would be more interesting musically were the rip and/or sound more accessible.

I've more from the same region possibly coming up, a few of them do share the unfortunate features this has but I think I'll still up 'em as I haven't found alternatives for them.